This page provides answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.

Do you offer free consultations?

Yes, there will be no charge for our first conversation about your legal matter.  Consultations may be by phone or in person at our Mineola office.

Do you handle criminal law cases?

No.  It is best to work with an experienced criminal defense attorney in these matters.

Do you assign cases to junior attorneys or paralegals once your firm has been retained?

We do not.  When you retain Mehran Law, PLLC, your case will be handled by the same experienced attorney with whom you met initially.

Can you handle cases brought in other states?

We are admitted to practice law in New York and Connecticut.  Because we are located in Mineola, the bulk of our work is in Nassau, Suffolk and Queens Counties.

What services do you offer for new business owners?

We can form your business (Corporation, LLC, Professional Corporation, etc.), guide you through buying an existing business, draft, edit and review your Articles of Organization, Operating Agreements, Corporate Bylaws and Shareholder Agreements.

Can you guide existing business owners through planning for the future of the business?

We can assist in business succession planning, or the sale of your business.

Should I speak to an attorney before entering into any contracts?

At Mehran Law, PLLC, we can protect your interests by drafting, reviewing and/or editing any contracts before you sign them, including Business and Commercial Leases.

Can your firm represent me in a lawsuit?

We are very experienced in Civil Litigation (lawsuits) whether they are business to business, person to person or business to person/person to business.  Even if the litigation is complex, involving multiple parties or multiple issues, Mehran Law, PLLC can be your best choice for representation.  We help those who wish to commence litigation (Plaintiff) as well as those who need to be defended in litigation (Defendant).

What kinds of litigation do you handle?

We can represent you in litigation due to Breach of Contract, Business Separation, Property Damage/Insurance Coverage issues, Breach of Commercial Lease and more.

Can you help me with grieving my taxes?

We perform Flat Fee Residential Tax Grievances in Nassau County ONLY.